Thursday, March 19, 2009

new music from old favorites.























There's a whole lot going on right now with some of my favorite bands. I'll give you a short rundown of some of the best.

Voxtrot - Trepanation Party [mp3]

wow. it has been a long time, voxtrot. very excited to see where this new sound takes them on their album. Apparently their lineup has changed.. I wonder who's left and how much of the sound change was due to added members' touches/change in direction from ramesh. it does not seem like two years ago that i was just as excited to see voxtrot follow up on their incredible eps with a full-length. Memories.


Trophy Scars - Anna Lucia [purevolume]

I have been waiting for yearss for Trophy Scars to release new material. For a while there, it looked like they could be done forever. Their new album 'Bad Luck' came out on Friday but i haven't ordered it yet. This week I'm going to go around town and see if any madison record stores have it...not sure what i'll find. I bet this album is incredible though. I will call Trophy Scars a post-hardcore animal collective--they don't follow trends, they just make music. respect them.

The Thermals - Now We Can See [mp3]

The Thermals just know how to rock a body.

Grizzly Bear - Cheerleader [mp3]

I have been listening to Grizzly Bear a lot lately, trying to 'get it'. Think i am getting really close.
This mp3 is great.

Dan Deacon - Snookered [mp3]

So stoked to witness this live on May 4 at the Majestic for TEN DOLLARS.
(mp3 courtesy of Living Ears)

Any good ones I'm missing?

No comments:

Post a Comment