Thursday, May 21, 2009

weird songs

I was thinking about weird songs and how many of them I had on my computer. I made a mix of some of the best and worst ones...I mostly included songs that didn't seem to be trying to be weird, although some of them are so far from 'normal' or even 'acceptable', I had to use them. Disclaimer: Some of this is really, really bad. That's the point.

'WEIRD SONGS'
104 MB, 76 minutes


1. YMCK - カモン!スウィングオールスターズ

I downloaded this from WFLM. chiptune+jazz influences+J-Pop vocals=really, really weird
2. The Apples In Stereo - King of Carrot Flowers, Pt. 3
I really like Apples, but this is really weird.
3. The Beach Boys - Unreleased Backgrounds
From a 'Pet Sounds' reissue...why?
4. The Blood Brothers - Under Pressure
A peppy cover of the Bowie/Queen classic.
5. Sonic Youth - Piece Enfantine (Nicolas Slonimsky)
One of the tracks on this mix that I genuinely enjoy. From their series of performances of 20th century avant-garde compositions.
6. Black Kids (Feat. Lil Wayne) - Not Gonna Teach Him (The Twelves Kickmix)
Featuring a cut-and-pasted Lil Wayne verse.
7. Calvin Johnson - Sorry Entertainer
A cover of the Daniel Johnston classic. This guy's voice is even more hard to listen to than Daniel's! Yikes.
8. Descendents - Weinerschnitzel
What?
9. T.I. - Whatever You Like (Dubstep Remix)
I have a lot of weird dubstep remixes, I decided this was the weirdest.
10. DeviJive & The Uptown 5 - Krakyani
An intro to a Fond du Lac local band's cd.
11. New Kids on the Glock - D.A.N.C.E.
Towards the end of the track, it gets better.
12. Chewy Chocolate Cookies - It Was Only A Kiss
I really like most of CCC's remixes, but this track sounds like electro Trans-Siberian Orchestra.
13. Dan Deacon - My Name is Robert
Pretty Durn Weird.
14. Fall Out Boy / Kanye - Scene/Arms
I have no idea where this came from. Sort of glad I don't have more than a minute and a half of this.
15. Das Racist - Combination Pizza Hut and Taco Bell
There is a Wallpaper mix of this that I like, but this original is really, really bad.
16. Grizzly Bear - Two Weeks (Tom ato Remix)
For anyone who hasn't heard this yet, enjoy.
17. Flo Rida v. Stardust - Music Sounds Better Heaps Low (Whack-a-Tone Blend)
Pretty redonkulous.
18. I Set My Friends on Fire - Crank Dat Cavalry Boy
If this track doesn't scream (really) 'NOVELTY', I'd like to see what does.
19. The Advantage - Zelda (Fortress)
The guitar player of Hella is in this band. All they do is covers of NES songs.
20. Necro - The Most Sadistic
Probably my favorite rap song ever.
21. Popchor Berlin - Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
Probably my favorite German a cappella cover of Daft Punk ever.
22. Soulja Boy Tell'em - Turn My Swag On (Instrumental)
Step One: Set this song as your morning alarm. Step Two: Karaoke. Step Three: Get Said Swag On.
23. Superclowns - Poopy
I namedrop 'DJ Skillz' as often as I can. That's from this track.
24. Khoomei - Fedor Tau
Thank you, Smithsonian Museum, for giving me a sampler of weird throat noises from across the world.
25. Richard Cheese - Buddy Holly
Get Your Swank On.
26. Radiohead - Nude (Hipster Runoff Remix)
From HRo's glory days.
27. John Cage and the - 7_03
ha.
28. Toadally Krossed Out! - Toads Theme
Awesome.
29. Ween - Where'd the Cheese Go?
Rejected Pizza Hut Jingle (really)

No comments:

Post a Comment